Check out 5 of the best electric pepper grinders available today as well as a deep dive into what to consider before you purchase one.
A simple push of a button or a quick upside down flick of the hand and the wrist-aching grinding motion that you’ve been familiar with up until now will be a thing of the past.
They can also be indispensable kitchen helpers for senior citizens or people that suffer from diseases such as arthritis or stroke, taking all of the manual work out of grinding pepper for cooking and seasoning.
Once you start researching electric pepper grinders, however, things can soon become a little confusing.
And, with each one claiming to do something different and be the best, you may soon find yourself in a frustrating situation as you attempt to determine which one is the right choice for you.
But fear not! We’ve done the hard work for you, and have compiled a list of the best electric pepper mills available, breaking down the features of each one and helping to make things a little clearer.
We’ve also put together a buying guide that’s packed with useful information on what to keep an eye out for when you’re making your purchase, and that will help to guide you in the right direction so you can find the perfect electric pepper mill the first time around.
So, grab yourself a drink, relax, and come with us on our journey through the best electric pepper grinders!
If you’re in a hurry and need a fantastic electric pepper mill as soon as possible, you can’t go wrong with our top pick.
- 1 In a Rush? Check out our 5 Favorite Electric Pepper Grinders here:
- 2 Best Electric Pepper Grinders
- 2.1 OUR TOP PICK
- 2.2 CHEW FUN Gravity Pepper Grinder
- 2.3 Eparé Electric Pepper Grinder
- 2.4 Urban Noon Electric Pepper Grinder
- 2.5 HomeKitchenStar Premium Electric Pepper Grinder
- 2.6 AmuseWit Gravity Electric Pepper Grinder
- 3 The Best Electric Pepper Grinders: A Buyer’s Guide
In a Rush? Check out our 5 Favorite Electric Pepper Grinders here:
or skip ahead to read about each one individually.
|Top||CHEW FUN||Electric Gravity Salt and Pepper Grinder Set with Adjustable Coarseness Automatic Pepper and Salt Mill Battery Powered with Blue LED Light,One Hand Operated,Brushed Stainless Steel by CHEW FUN||Check Price on Amazon|
|eparé||Electric Salt or Pepper Grinder - Battery Operated Ceramic Burr Peppermill Shaker - Automatic Copper Steel Grinders - Mill With LED Light by Eparé||Check Price on Amazon|
|urban noon||Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder Set - Battery Operated Stainless Steel Mill with Light (Pack of 2 Mills) - Automatic One Handed Operation - Electronic Adjustable Shakers - Ceramic Grinders||Check Price on Amazon|
|HomeKitchenStar||Gravity Electric Salt Pepper Grinder - Automatic Battery Powered, Adjustable Coarseness, Blue LED Light, Great Mother’s Day Gift, Premium Quality Electronic Black Pepper Mill (Black, single unit)||Check Price on Amazon|
|AmuseWit||Gravity Electric Pepper Grinder or Salt Grinder Mill【White Light】- Battery Operated Automatic Pepper Mill with Light, One Handed Operation, Adjustable Coarseness, Stainless Steel by AmuseWit||Check Price on Amazon|
Best Electric Pepper Grinders
OUR TOP PICK
Perfect for the kitchen gadget lover, this Gravity Pepper Grinder from CHEW FUN combines the power of gravity and electricity to easily grind whole peppercorns with minimal effort.
You don’t even need to worry about pressing down on buttons – simply flip the pepper mill upside down over your dish or ingredients and it will automatically start grinding!
There is also an adjustable grinder knob that allows you to switch between the coarseness level of your ground pepper, giving you ultimate control over the taste and texture of your finished meal.
You’ll be able to use it with just one hand as well, leaving you free to continually stir your pot with the other whilst you season.
This electric gravity pepper grinder also features a blue LED light which is easy to turn on with a simple twist of your wrist.
This is useful for giving you a clearer view of the amount of pepper you’re adding to your dish when you’re in a dimly lit restaurant environment, or hosting a romantic, candlelight dinner.
It’s super easy to refill and simply unscrews from the top where it reveals a wide opening that will allow you to pour your peppercorns in with minimal spillage.
The entire pepper mill is constructed using BPA-free, non-toxic materials and has undergone stringent safety testing too, so you can rest assured that it’s safe to use with food.
- Uses a combination of battery power and gravity to grind peppercorns quickly and easily
- The adjustable grinder knob allows you to choose the perfect coarseness of ground pepper for each dish
- Features a blue LED light that gives you a clearer view of the amount of pepper you’re using
- The wide, easy-access opening makes refilling the pepper mill simple and reduces the risk of spillages
- Constructed using BPA-free, non-toxic materials that are 100% safe to use in cooking
- Takes 6 AAA batteries to operate, which is quite a high number of batteries compared to some other electric pepper mills
Featuring a soft-touch, one-push button, this Electric Pepper Grinder from Eparé makes grinding peppercorns into recipes and dishes quick and easy.
It even allows you to operate it with just one hand, leaving you free to carry on cooking with the other, and it’s 12 ounces of weight means it is light to hold over hot food and comfortable to use.
You’ll have full control over the coarseness of your grind as well thanks to the adjustable dial, giving you the opportunity to cook a wider variety of dishes.
It also features an extra-large grinding core that is constructed using ceramic, so it won’t ever rust or dull even when used regularly.
A quarter-cup viewing window allows you to keep an eye on the number of peppercorns left in the grinder too, meaning you won’t need to worry about the frustration of running out of pepper when you most need it.
Meanwhile, the bright LED light gives you a clear view of the amount of pepper you’ve added to your dish.
This electric pepper mill is easy to refill simply by twisting the upper part off, and even features a rubber dust cap around the bottom of the grinder that helps prevent your peppercorns from going stale and stops any residue from gathering on your work surfaces.
- A soft-touch, one-push button allows for easy one-handed operation
- The adjustable dial gives you control over the coarseness of the grind produced
- Constructed using an extra-large ceramic grinding core that won’t rust or dull over time
- Features a bright LED light that allows for a clearer view of the amount of pepper you’re using
- Easy to refill and has an incorporated rubber dust cap that keeps peppercorns fresh and prevents residue from building up on your countertops
- The quarter-cup capacity means you may need to refill it more frequently depending on your pepper use
Constructed using premium quality materials including stainless steel and BPA-free acrylic glass, this Electric Pepper Grinder from Urban Noon is both stylish and built to last.
It also features a large ceramic grinding core that, unlike some metal alternatives, won’t rust or dull even when used frequently.
Completely battery-operated, the single-touch operation allows you to easily grind whole peppercorns into your dishes with ease using just one hand.
There’s also a clear viewing window that allows you to easily see the number of remaining peppercorns left in the grinder, giving you the opportunity to refill it before you run out.
When the time does come to refill the grinder, the simple twist-off design and wide opening takes all the hard work out of it and also helps reduce spillages.
There is also a convenient bottom cap that prevents leakage and keeps your peppercorns at the optimum level of humidity for grinding.
You’ll have full control over the coarseness of your ground pepper as well thanks to the adjustable dial, letting you switch from really coarse to super fine with ultimate ease.
This electric pepper grinder also features a built-in LED light to provide you with a clearer view of how much pepper you’re adding to your dish and reducing the risk of over-seasoning.
- Constructed using stainless steel, BPA-free acrylic glass and features a ceramic grinding core that won’t rust or dull over time
- One-touch operation allows for easy single-handed use when cooking
- The clear viewing window provides you with an accurate measure of remaining peppercorns within the mill
- An adjustable dial gives you the ability to switch from coarse to finely ground pepper quickly and easily
- Features a bright LED light to give you a clearer view of the amount of pepper you’re using and helps prevent over-seasoning
- Doesn’t hold many peppercorns at one time, so you may need to refill it regularly
The sleek, modern design of this Premium Electric Pepper Grinder from HomeKitchenStar makes it a fantastic choice for any kitchen decor.
It’s not just stylish though, and it boasts a wealth of features that make it a super useful gadget for any keen home cook.
Single-handed operation is made easy with the convenient push-button located directly on top of the pepper mill, leaving your other hand free to stir the pepper into your culinary creation.
This electric grinder has also been constructed using a ceramic grinding core which can take on even the toughest of peppercorns, and won’t rust or dull even when used frequently.
It has a large storage capacity as well and can hold up to 4 tablespoons of peppercorns at once, so you won’t have to worry about refilling it too often.
Meanwhile, the adjustable grind settings allow you to easily switch between coarse and finely ground pepper, giving you more flexibility over the seasoning of your dish.
The built-in white LED light automatically powers on when the pepper mill is in use and is designed to provide you with a clearer view of how much you’re using.
An acrylic-glass viewing chamber also gives you a precise measurement of how many peppercorns are left remaining in the mill.
- Has a sleek and stylish design that would look stunning in any kitchen design scheme
- The push-button operation allows for super easy single-handed use
- Features a ceramic core that can easily grind tough peppercorns as well as being extremely durable
- An adjustable grinding dial gives you the option to switch between coarse and finely ground pepper
- A white LED light automatically powers on during operation and gives you a clearer view of the amount of pepper you’re using
- Doesn’t feature a rubber cap to prevent pepper grindings from gathering on your work surfaces or table
The Gravity Electric Pepper Grinder from AmuseWit makes grinding whole peppercorns into your recipes and onto your finished dishes quick and easy.
Simply turn the pepper mill upside down directly over your food and it’ll automatically start grinding using a combination of battery power and gravity.
There are no buttons or twisting to worry about, giving you the easiest one-handed operation possible and leaving you free to continue stirring and cooking with your free hand.
This ease-of-use also makes this pepper mill a great choice for anybody that suffers from arthritis and might find it difficult to operate a traditional grinder.
A total of five coarseness settings allow you to easily find the best texture level for your ground pepper and give you the scope to create even more delicious dishes without needing to switch between gadgets.
There is also an integrated bright white LED light that automatically powers on when the grinder is in use and gives you a super clear view of how much pepper you’re using.
Its extra-large capacity means you won’t have to worry about refilling it too regularly either, while the clear viewing window allows you to keep track of how many peppercorns are left in the mill.
And, when the time comes to add more, the wide opening is designed to let you easily refill the grinder and minimizes the risk of spillages.
- Doesn’t require any buttons or twisting to operate, simply turn upside down and it will automatically start grinding
- Has five coarseness options that are easy to switch between for a personalized grind
- The bright white LED light gives you a clear view of how much pepper you’re adding to your dish
- Has an extra-large capacity so it won’t need to be refilled too regularly
- Available in three different colors to suit any kitchen interior design scheme
- Customers that previously purchased this grinder found that adjusting the dial was a little tricky to master at first, but worked brilliantly once figured out
The Best Electric Pepper Grinders: A Buyer’s Guide
A good quality electric pepper meal will help evolve your cooking experience and transforms the traditional, mundane method of grinding pepper into a more modern, streamlined affair.
They are also a really fantastic kitchen gadget for people who are less able to twist and grind pepper mills, such as arthritis sufferers or older people, allowing them to season their food and carry on cooking with ease.
There are some things you need to bear in mind before you purchase an electric pepper mill, however, as no two are really ever the same and what works well for one person may not necessarily be the best choice for you.
Below, we’ve outlined some key points to consider when you’re shopping around, each of which will help steer you towards finding the best electric pepper mill for your individual needs the first time around.
The first thing you need to think about is what style of operation you’d like your electric pepper mill to function with.
The style you choose will most likely come down to personal preference, and you have a couple of methods to choose from, each of which comes with its own benefits.
Push-button operation requires you to press down on a button (usually located directly on top of the pepper mill) to start the grinding process.
This allows you to easily use the pepper mill with just one hand, however, it may be slightly more difficult for people with arthritis to use. You’ll also need the hand strength to be able to hold the grinder and press down on the button simultaneously.
Gravity mills automatically begin grinding the peppercorns once the entire grinder has been turned upside down, and they don’t require any button operation.
This makes them the easiest of the two styles for grinding peppercorns, and they are definitely a better choice for anybody that might struggle to push down on a button.
Some electric pepper grinders give you the option to adjust the coarseness level of the peppercorns as you grind as well.
This allows you to switch between quite coarsely ground pepper, which is ideal for seasoning pasta dishes for example, and finely ground pepper which is better for seasoning while you cook.
An adjustable dial within one pepper mill also means that you don’t have to buy several different grinders to achieve the coarseness you need for different dishes, saving you money and giving you more culinary flexibility in the process.
One fantastic feature that most electric pepper mills include is an LED light that automatically powers on when the grinder is in operation. This is one of those features you never realized how much you needed until you have it!
By shining a light over the food as you season it, you’ll be able to see exactly how much pepper you’re adding to your dish.
This helps to prevent you from over seasoning your food, especially if you’re in a dimly lit environment.
There are usually three different light colors to choose from across a range of electric pepper mills and, while your choice will most likely come down to personal preference, the level of brightness needs to be considered.
- Blue lights are the most dimly-lit of all three and are better suited for use in restaurant environments at the table, where they will help retain the ambiance.
- Warm white lights are also great at providing an ambient glow but will produce more visibility.
- Bright white lights provide the highest level of illumination and as such will give you the clearest view of the amount of pepper you’re using.
Ease of Refilling
All pepper mills need to be refilled from time to time and, while there’s no denying that it can be a mundane task, there are some electric pepper mills that make the experience as quick and easy as possible.
Look for an electric pepper grinder that has been designed with a wide opening at the refill point.
This will make pouring your peppercorns into the mill much easier, and will also help to prevent any spillages or wastage in the process.
It’s also a good idea to go for an electric pepper mill that has a clear viewing window of the number of peppercorns left in your grinder.
This will allow you to keep an eye on your levels and refill it before you need to, removing the frustration of running out while you’re cooking.
An electric pepper grinder can be a fairly expensive gadget, so it’s worth looking at the material that your potential new grinder is made from as well.
The most popular material used in the construction of electric pepper mills is stainless steel, and this is a great choice to go for as it’s highly durable.
Pepper mills that feature a ceramic core are also a great option as they will last a lot longer than plastic or metal alternatives, and are resistant to rusting and dulling over time even if they are used regularly.
There are also loads of styles and designs to choose from when you’re looking for an electric pepper grinder too.
Brushed metals, different colors, modern designs, and traditional-looking mills are all options, so give some thought to what would look best in your kitchen.
The design of an electric pepper mill doesn’t really have much of an impact on its performance, but it’s always nice to keep things aesthetically pleasing and in line with your own personal taste.
Price & Warranty
Finally, it’s a good idea to set yourself a budget when you’re shopping for the best electric pepper grinder.
Pricing can be quite varied, so by allocating a certain amount of money and sticking to it as much as possible you’ll be able to streamline your shopping process a little more.
As always, make sure you’re paying for the features of your electric pepper mill and not just for the brand.
Take a moment to research what sort of warranty it includes as well, and whether or not you can extend the warranty by registering the pepper mill once you’ve purchased it.